** Bug watch added: gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/-/issues #6990
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/-/issues/6990

** Also affects: gnome-shell via
   https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-shell/-/issues/6990

  CVE-2023-43090: avoid exposing window previews on lock screen via
  keyboard

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Unknown
Status in gnome-shell source package in Lunar:

  Security Impact
  ---------------
  Open windows can be viewed from the lock screen without unlocking the screen.

  Test Case
  ---------
  From upstream

  This is the broken case and should not happen:

  - Lock screen (e.g. Super+L)
  - Press PrtScn to open screenshot tool
  - Press V twice to toggle the screenshot tool from picture mode to video mode
and then back to picture mode. (First bug: it should not be possible to enter
video mode when the UI element is insensitive.)
  - Enter the window selection mode by clicking or pressing W
  - Now all of the user's windows may be viewed despite the session being
locked.

  Initial Testing Done
  --------------------
  I built the package locally. I installed the updated packages on Ubuntu 23.04
and was no longer able to reproduce the failure case.

  Other Info
  I was unable to duplicate the failure with Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.

  GNOME Shell 42 (included in 22.04 LTS) was the first GNOME release
  with an embedded screenshot tool; previously it used gnome-screenshot.
  So older versions are definitely not affected. GNOME Shell 42 reached
  End of Life earlier this year, but it does not appear to be affected
  by this issue.

  This issue has been fixed for Ubuntu 23.10 with GNOME Shell 45.0