The bug is resolved on my system as well. Running ubuntu 23.04 and GNOME
44.3, gnome-control-center installed via apt with package version
1:44.0-1ubuntu6

  crashes trying to open the mouse screen

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  gnome-control-center crashes on ubuntu 23.04 when trying to open the
  mouse screen

  Steps to reproduce:

  1. In GNOME Settings, navigate to the mouse screen. The control center
crashes (i.e., the window closes instead of showing the mouse screen).
  2. Start GNOME Settings again, e.g., using GNOME Shell or by running the
following command from the terminal: `gnome-control-center`. The main window
does not show. Instead, the commandline output prints an error message as
follows:

  Commandline output:

  ```
  gnome-control-center --verbose
  21:10:51.6276       GStreamer-Play[32248]:   ERROR: GtkGstPlay: 'playbin'
element not found, please check your setup
  [1]    32248 trace trap (core dumped)  gnome-control-center --verbose
  ```

  More observations: Note, this happens reproducably. I just recently
  upgraded to ubuntu 23.04, which means I am running GNOME 44. I am now
  unable to start the gnome-control-center. It happens in wayland and
  xorg sessions. I am using an intel x86 laptop, a lenovo thinkpad x1
  carbon.

  Workaround: The following workaround allows to start gnome-control-
  center again, but does not allow to access the mouse panel. In dconf
  editor, reset `org/gnome/control-center/last-panel'. The control
  center will then open successfully. I think this indicates that the
  mouse panel causes gnome-control-center to crash.

  Upstream ticket over at GNOME's gitlab project:
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-control-center/-/issues/2459

  Upstream analysis by Felipe Borges, maintainer of the upstream
  project:

  > The issue seems to be about Ubuntu packaging not including the needed
dependencies for the GtkPicture videos we now show in the Mouse panel.
  > Could you please file this issue downstream in the Ubuntu bug tracker?
  ---
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 23.04
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS "Focal Fossa" - Release amd64 (20200731)
  Package: gnome-control-center 1:44.0-1ubuntu5
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  lunar wayland-session
  Uname: Linux 6.2.0-20-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to lunar on 2023-04-23 (3 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip docker lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True