** Description changed:

  [Impact]
  The graphics HWE stack from kinetic needs to be backported for 22.04.4

  directx-headers
  - build-dep of the new Mesa

- libdrm
- - build-dep of the new Mesa
-
- llvm-16
- - new package in jammy
- - build-dep of the new Mesa
-
  mesa
  - new major release (23.2.x)
  - new HW support, FIXME

- spirv-headers
- - needed by s-l-t-16
+ rust-bindgen

- spirv-llvm-translator-16
- - needed to bootstrap libclc from llvm
+ rust-clang-sys

- spirv-llvm-translator-16
- - needed for the actual libclc-16 after initial bootstrap

  [Test case]
  Install the new mesa on various hw, see that everything still works like
before or better.

-
  [Where things could go wrong]
  This is a major update of Mesa, there could be regressions but we'll backport
the final stable release of 23.2.x in order to minimize the chance for those.

** Also affects: rust-bindgen (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: rust-clang-sys (Ubuntu)

** Also affects: mesa (Ubuntu Jammy)

** Also affects: rust-clang-sys (Ubuntu Jammy)

** Also affects: rust-bindgen (Ubuntu Jammy)

** Also affects: directx-headers (Ubuntu Jammy)

** Changed in: directx-headers (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: mesa (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: rust-bindgen (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: rust-clang-sys (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  [Impact]
  The graphics HWE stack from kinetic needs to be backported for 22.04.4

  directx-headers
  - build-dep of the new Mesa

  mesa
  - new major release (23.2.x)
- - new HW support, FIXME
+ - new HW support, Meteor Lake..

  rust-bindgen

  rust-clang-sys
-

  [Test case]
  Install the new mesa on various hw, see that everything still works like
before or better.

  [Where things could go wrong]
  This is a major update of Mesa, there could be regressions but we'll backport
the final stable release of 23.2.x in order to minimize the chance for those.

Packages, which is subscribed to mesa in Ubuntu.

  Backport packages for 22.04.4 HWE stack

Status in directx-headers package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in mesa package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in rust-bindgen package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in rust-clang-sys package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in directx-headers source package in Jammy:
  New
Status in mesa source package in Jammy:
  New
Status in rust-bindgen source package in Jammy:
  New
Status in rust-clang-sys source package in Jammy: