We're case 2. Listing all the users is impossible anyhow. Where would you
get the list? But we're OK I believe with listing those who have logged in
before on the particular machine. That's not essential however.

Right now the "other" selector is totally missing. It should be impossible
for that to happen no matter what is in the accounts manager.

Thomas
On Jan 30, 2012 11:05 PM, "Robert Ancell" <robert.anc...@canonical.com>
wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> Could you clarify the use case you are talking about?   The cases we
> have designed for are:
>
> 1. Home users, who have a fixed number of users that are displayed in the
> greeter
> 2. Network logins where the user list cannot be easily displayed (it is
> too long or unable to be downloaded)
> 3. Home/Network logins where security is an issue (they don't want any
> users being displayed).
>
> Are you expecting case 2 except users that are currently logged in are
> shown?  Or case 2 where the last n users are remembered and shown (as a
> shortcut to avoid typing common usernames).
>
> I'll open a design task against this so this new case is handled if
> appropriate.
>
> ** Also affects: ayatana-design
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are a member of Goobuntu
> Team, which is subscribed to the bug report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/921315
>
> Title:
>  lightdm greeter provides no access to pam accounts
>
> Status in Ayatana Design:
>  New
> Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:
>  Triaged
>
> Bug description:
>  In our configuration, nearly all users are granted access to the
>  system via pam. The User Accounts dialog in Settings shows only a
>  single user which was created at install time...and I'm not sure where
>  from, because we preseed "d-i passwd/make-user boolean false" to try
>  and inhibit the initial user account.
>
>  We control access with pam_krb5 in common-auth, and pam_access in
>  common-account, and we want all users passed by that method to be able
>  to log in (and pam_access is using netgroups to decide which users
>  should be permitted).
>
>  So, in this world, I have one account known to the Accounts Manager,
>  and it's the only one which lightdm will let me use: I get no "other
>  user" dialog of any kind. This is a serious bug.
>
>  We have the standard unity-greeter.conf and access.conf in
>  /etc/lightdm (though the latter is supposedly unused). Our
>  lightdm.conf contains this:
>
>  [SeatDefaults]
>  greeter-session=unity-greeter
>  user-session=ubuntu
>  allow-guest=false
>  autologin-user=
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.