Dave, could you try if you still see the issue in mantic? Is nautilus
printing any error on warning in the journal at the time of the issue?

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  Image properties does nothing in lunar

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  When testing the current lunar (23.04) pre-installed desktop image for
  the Raspberry Pi, I attempted to retrieve the properties of a captured
  JPEG from nautilus:

  * Right click on a JPEG image
  * Select "Properties" item at the bottom
  * Click on the "Image Properties" link at the bottom of the dialog that opens

  However, nothing happens when clicking on the link. I presume this is
  meant to go to a page listing the details that nautilus used to
  display (resolution, etc). I tested with a couple of different JPEGs
  that display their properties correctly under jammy and kinetic. I'm
  happy to provide test images if required, but I don't think it's
  specific to the JPEGs I'm using.