Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better.

Bug reporting is about finding & fixing problems thus preventing future
users from hitting the same bug.

I suspect a Support site would be more appropriate, eg.
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu. You can also find help with your
problem in the support forum of your local Ubuntu community
http://loco.ubuntu.com/ or asking at https://askubuntu.com or
https://ubuntuforums.org, or for more support options please look at
https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/community-support/709

Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.

  Can't connect my Synology NAS from Ubuntu 22.04

Status in gvfs package in Ubuntu:

  I purchased a Synology DS723+ NAS (under DSM 7.2-64570).
  I access it without any problem from a Huawei MateBook 14s running Ubuntu
22.04.

  I can't do it, however, from an Acer Swift 5 also running Ubuntu 22.04.
  Seen from this PC, I get the following message:
  "Unable to access location
  Failed to get list of shares from server: Invalid argument."

  When I look at my NAS log, the connection attempt gives the following message:
  "Host [192.168.1.22] failed to connect via [SMB] due to [SMB1 not permitted]."

  While the message obtained after a successful connection with the other PC is
the following:
  "User [xxx] from [xxx(192.168.1.36)] via [CIFS(SMB3)] accessed shared folder
[Photos]."

  I tried to compare the differences between the 2 PCs running Ubuntu 22.04
without success.
  Samba was not initially installed on the Acer Swift 5 initially, but the
installation did not correct the problem.
  After reading different posts, I understand that the SMB1 connection is
disabled by default since Ubuntu 20.04: I therefore do not understand why the
Acer Swift 5 seems to connect like that.

  And when I run "journalctl -f" on my Acer and then try to connect to the NAS,
here is what I get:
  oct. 09 21:56:32 xxx gvfsd[9205]: smbXcli_negprot_smb1_done: No compatible
protocol selected by server.
  oct. 09 21:56:47 xxx gvfsd[9205]: smbXcli_negprot_smb1_done: No compatible
protocol selected by server.

  Package: gvfs 1.48.2-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sat Oct 21 18:06:52 2023
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20200203.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gvfs
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to jammy on 2022-09-04 (412 days ago)