[Expired for network-manager (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity
for 60 days.]
** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)
Status: Incomplete => Expired
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2032991
Title:
NetworkManager does not complete DHCP negotiation
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:
Expired
Bug description:
I run into a problem today where NetworkManager suddenly stopped
configuring network interfaces - it would ask DHCP server for an IP
address, the say negotiation failed and then do this again in a loop.
This happened on a built-in wired interface, and also on a USB
ethernet dongle that I plugged in.
Turns out the cause was that I run "dhclient -v" to try to force DHCP
client to renew the lease. Apparently, dhclient creates directory
"/run/network" and if this directory is present the NetworkManager
refuses to accept DHCP server proposals.
This happens even after server restart, and with no dhclient running -
just the presence of /run/network is enough to cause the problem.
Removing the directory "/run/network" fixes the issue.
I imagine quite a few people run into this, because using dhclient to
manually bring up an address is fairly common practice.
I am using Ubuntu 22.04
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+bug/2032991/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp