Trying the following things

- Resetting settings to default using dconf reset -f /
- Deleting .config .cache .local folder

No success

But creating a new user profile temporarily solved the problem.

In case I saved the old profile.

If the issue comes back maybe I can be more specific

Cant think of anything else

  Desktop becomes unusable after changing window from fullscreen games
  on Wayland Only

  Invalid

  Release:      23.10
  gnome-shell 45.0-1ubuntu2

  Steps to reproduce:
  1)Open certain games (Like An Anime Game Launcher, or Shadow Warrior 2 from
steam, both using DXVK)
  2)Wait for them to fully load
  3)Press the Super button in order to go back to the desktop

  What should happen: A list of windows, the gnome desktop overview, is shown
  What happened: All the screen section from above the gnome taskbar became
grey like the activity overview accent color and nothing else can be done, the
desktop functionality is broken
  -----------------------------

  Since I upgraded from 23.04 to 23.10 the desktop becomes unusable (video
attached) 80% of the times when I switch from certain fullscreen games to the
desktop using the super button.

  The gray color of the activity overview is shown above the shell
  taskbar on both screens and nothing else can be done.

  - The issue does not happen on an X11 session.
  - The notifications still work correctly, as clicking the gnome shell bar or
even locking and unlocking the screen.
  - Right clicking and closing apps work. However, only the buttons from the
shell itself only
  - Everything involving actively changing windows does not.
  - No matter the screen configuration the issue still persist.

  Tried to upgrade mesa drivers, switching from 2 screens to 1, no luck.

  No workaround is discovered. Session can be terminated from the
  taskbar, as it works correctly.

  Package: gnome-shell 45.0-1ubuntu2
  Uname: Linux 6.5.10-x64v4-xanmod1 x86_64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME