While I see Julian's point, I believe it's better to stick to the same
versioning scheme used in the Firefox deb, which is exactly what you did
for Noble:

 firefox | 1:1snap1-0ubuntu2               | jammy           | source, amd64,
arm64, armhf
 firefox | 1:1snap1-0ubuntu3               | lunar           | source, amd64,
arm64, armhf
 firefox | 1:1snap1-0ubuntu3               | mantic          | source, amd64,
arm64, armhf
 firefox | 1:1snap1-0ubuntu3               | noble           | source, amd64,
arm64, armhf

As Athos said above, I'm not entirely sure how "SRU-able" this is, but
either way, I went ahead and uploaded the debdiffs (after a minor typo
fix).

I'm unsubscribing ubuntu-sponsors from this bug; feel free to
resubscribe it if needed.

Thanks!

** Changed in: chromium-browser (Ubuntu Focal)

** Changed in: chromium-browser (Ubuntu Jammy)

** Changed in: chromium-browser (Ubuntu Lunar)

** Changed in: chromium-browser (Ubuntu Mantic)

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  [SRU] Deb version numbering is misleading

Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in chromium-browser source package in Focal:
  In Progress
Status in chromium-browser source package in Jammy:
  In Progress
Status in chromium-browser source package in Lunar:
  In Progress
Status in chromium-browser source package in Mantic:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  For Ubuntu >= Focal the transitional debs are frozen at the version number
1:85...

  This might make one think[1][2] that it will install a critically
  outdated Chromium while it does not, because it installs the snap.

  [Test plan]

  Install the package and confirm the version change with e.g.

    dpkg -l | grep '^ii *chromium-browser *2:1snap1-0ubuntu1'

  [Regression potential]

  If the version were incorrectly constructed the deb build could fail.

  [1]
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+question/702591
  [2] https://askubuntu.com/q/1420925