Public bug reported:

[Availability]
The package speexdsp is already in Ubuntu universe.
The package speexdsp build for the architectures it is designed to work on.
It currently builds and works for architectures: amd64 arm64 armhf ppc64el
riscv64 s390x
Link to package https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/speexdsp

The corresponding case in main as part of speex until Lunar and then
split out.

[Rationale]
- The package speexdsp is required in Ubuntu main as a depends of roc-toolkit
which we want to MIR as a new pipewire (optional) requirement
- The corresponding plugin will not be used by default in Ubuntu but we still
want it available. We could split it to a new binary that would go to universe
but then it would need to be manually installed and force us to carry a
packaging delta over Debian.
- There is no other/better way to solve this that is already in main or
  should go universe->main instead of this.

- The package speexdsp is required in Ubuntu main no later than Feb 29
due to the Noble Feature Freeze

[Security]
- No CVEs/security issues in this software in the past

- no executables in `/sbin` and `/usr/sbin`
- Package does not install services, timers or recurring jobs
- Packages does not open privileged ports (ports < 1024).
- Package does not expose any external endpoints
- Packages does not contain extensions to security-sensitive software

[Quality assurance - function/usage]
- The package works well right after install

- The package is maintained well in Debian/Ubuntu/Upstream and has
  no open bug downstream and a few minor ones upstream
  - Ubuntu https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/speexdsp/+bug
  - Debian https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=speexdsp
  - Upstream's bug tracker, https://gitlab.xiph.org/xiph/speexdsp/-/issues
- The package does not deal with exotic hardware we cannot support

[Quality assurance - testing]
- The package does not run a test at build time because upstream doesn't
provide any. Also it's an audio codec implementation so not something easily
testable in CI.

- The package has a simple buildtest autopkgtest for the library but
can't really be tested in CI for the same reason as build tets.

[Quality assurance - packaging]
- debian/watch is present and works

- debian/control defines a correct Maintainer

TODO-: - This package has no important lintian warnings

# lintian --pedantic speexdsp_1.2.1-1_amd64.changes
P: speexdsp source: silent-on-rules-requiring-root [debian/control]
P: speexdsp source: trailing-whitespace [debian/changelog:11]

- This package does not rely on obsolete or about to be demoted packages.
- This package has no python2 or GTK2 dependencies

- The package will be installed by default, but does not ask debconf
questions

- Packaging and build is easy, link to debian/rules
https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-
team/speexdsp/-/blob/master/debian/rules

[UI standards]
- Application is not end-user facing (does not need translation)

[Dependencies]
- No further depends or recommends dependencies that are not yet in main

[Standards compliance]
- This package correctly follows FHS and Debian Policy

[Maintenance/Owner]
- The owning team will be desktop-packages and I have their acknowledgement for
that commitment
- The future owning team is already subscribed to the package

- This does not use static builds
- This does not use vendored code
- This package is not rust based

- The package has been built in the archive more recently than the last
test rebuild

[Background information]
The Package description explains the package well
Upstream Name is speexdsp
Link to upstream project https://gitlab.xiph.org/xiph/speexdsp

** Affects: speexdsp (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to speexdsp in Ubuntu.

  [MIR] speexdsp

Status in speexdsp package in Ubuntu: