** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: fixed-in-gnome-shell-46 fixed-upstream

  Window/app switcher highlights hard to see

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Fix Released
Status in Yaru Theme:
  Fix Committed
Status in yaru-theme package in Ubuntu:

  In 22.04's default theme, it's almost impossible for me to make out
  which app or window is the currently selected one in the window
  switcher (alt-tab) or the application switcher (super-tab). The
  "highlighted" item is just a slightly different shade of grey. I mean,
  I can make it out if I squint at it, but ... that just isn't a
  *highlight*. This is a use where Ubuntu Orange shines, too. :-(

  "Ok, boomer, you're blind. I can see that just fine". Fair enough. Are
  you under thirty and (thus still) have 20:20 vision, by any chance?
  The point is, it isn't good UI design either way. What's worse, the
  high contrast accessibility setting doesn't touch any of it, and that
  is definitely a bug.

  ==============================

  EDIT: Rearranged the submission so that the bit this bug is meant to
  be primarily about is on top. The below bits are preserved so that the
  discussion still makes sense.

  Similarly, the active workspace in the workspace overview (?) does get
  an orange frame, but it's very thin, much too thin to see unless you
  look closely. Again, that's not a highlight. A highlight is supposed
  to pop out.

  In comparison, the highlighting for the current tab in Terminal is ok-
  ish. I'd *prefer* for the entire tab to become orange, or to become a
  lighter colour in addition to the orange bar, but it's usable.

  (I could go on. For example, windows' title bars are now white vs the iconic
Ubuntu Brown, which makes it hard to tell where the title bar is vs the window
contents. Many applications also have buttons in the title bar now. It's no
longer possible to just grab a window and move it on auto-pilot ... If the
title bar can't be a different colour any more, at least separate it with a
thick line or something.
  In any case, 22.04 is a massive regression in terms of visual UI design vs
18.04. Form should follow function, not the other way around.)

  Package: gnome-shell 42.9-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.2.0-1009.9~22.04.1-lowlatency 6.2.13
  Uname: Linux 6.2.0-1009-lowlatency x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Aug 10 12:58:31 2023
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20230223)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 42.9-0ubuntu4
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell