I now remember I got USBs at time of reinstalling OS. That means that
all USB operations were after reinstalling. I now think order was
reinstall OS, check size, reformat USB, rsync to USB and burn out, then
reformatting another USB and checking. Feel free to check like my logs
on this but I think nothing to see here except like my own stupidity and
lack of memory. All as per one might be maybe or might not be maybe,
maybe or maybe not, maybe.
** Changed in: gnome-disk-utility (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Opinion
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-disk-utility in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2048759
Title:
After reformatting USB many times why is there a large
/media/norvel/UbuntuFilesXE on computer?
Status in gnome-disk-utility package in Ubuntu:
Opinion
Bug description:
I reformatted to NTFS on another computer, I then reformatted to ext4,
could not write, then reformatted some and some took ownership, almost
always "read only". After all that and always naming it
"UbuntuFilesXE" I have a large /media/norvel/UbuntuFilesXE part of
like my system. It is root owned and grouped and is over 228GB and
rest of like my system is near 40GB now. It is like it is a mounted
USB but it is entirely ON like my computer. I was formatting between
ext4 and NTFS only on like my Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS desktop on a Lenovo
Thinkpad T460. I would like to remove this large storage hog but do
not know if it is safe to remove. I have had a freshly formatted AND
owned USB named like I mentioned be like "read only" with this. I have
a 64 bit OS. I expected to have only USB formatted or changed with
minimal computer storage impact, not this.
gnome-disk-utility:
Installed: 42.0-1ubuntu1
Candidate: 42.0-1ubuntu1
Version table:
*** 42.0-1ubuntu1 500
500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/main amd64 Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
All as per one might be maybe or might not be maybe, maybe or maybe
not, maybe.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.04
Package: gnome-disk-utility 42.0-1ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.2.0-39.40~22.04.1-generic 6.2.16
Uname: Linux 6.2.0-39-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.5
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckMismatches: ./boot/grub/grub.cfg ./boot/grub/loopback.cfg
CasperMD5CheckResult: fail
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Tue Jan 9 03:53:54 2024
InstallationDate: Installed on 2023-12-20 (20 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20230223)
ProcEnviron:
TERM=xterm-256color
PATH=(custom, no user)
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gnome-disk-utility
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-disk-utility/+bug/2048759/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp