Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Audio problem on zoom + kubuntu 23.10

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  I am using kubuntu 23.10, and have sound issues with zoom. I have
  a Jabra Speak 510 running thorugh USB.
  When I first connect to a meeting, I hear nothing (but apparently my mic does
  work, so others can hear me). If I open audio settings, hit "Test" and then
switch the profile
  from Analog Stereo Output  + Mono Input to Digital Stereo Output + Mono Input
  (or vice versa, it's the action of changing the profile that seems important),
  then the sound works.
  At points during a zoom call (seems to be related to other windows/apps
opening),
  the sound dies and I have to switch profile again.
  I never had this issue with kubuntu 22.04 LTS. I have not noticed similar
  problems applications which only output audio, eg vlc or clementine.

  STEPS TO REPRODUCE
  1. Join a zoom meeting

  OBSERVED RESULT
  No sound output until switching audio profile

  EXPECTED RESULT
  Sound should work without having to switch profile

  SOFTWARE/OS VERSIONS
  KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.8
  KDE Frameworks Version: 5.110.0.0
  Qt Version: 5.15.10
  Kernel 6.5.0-14
  Zoom 5.16.10 (668).

  Package: pulseaudio 1:16.1+dfsg1-2ubuntu4
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Fri Jan 12 09:40:10 2024
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 23.10 "Mantic Minotaur" - Release amd64 (20231010)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
   LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   SHELL=/bin/bash
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
  PulseList: Error: command ['pacmd', 'list'] failed with exit code 1: No
PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon.
  SourcePackage: pulseaudio
  Symptom: audio
  dmi.bios.date: 09/06/2021
  dmi.bios.release: 1.1
  dmi.bios.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.bios.version: 1.1.18
  dmi.board.name: 0T2HR0
  dmi.board.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.board.version: A00
  dmi.chassis.type: 3
  dmi.chassis.vendor: Dell Inc.
  dmi.chassis.version: Not Specified
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnDellInc.:bvr1.1.18:bd09/06/2021:br1.1:svnDellInc.:pnXPS8930:pvr1.1.18:rvnDellInc.:rn0T2HR0:rvrA00:cvnDellInc.:ct3:cvrNotSpecified:sku0859:
  dmi.product.family: XPS
  dmi.product.name: XPS 8930
  dmi.product.sku: 0859
  dmi.product.version: 1.1.18