** Changed in: gnome-control-center

  Zoom window not centered on text cursor

Status in gnome-control-center:

  In certain applications, the zoomed in window moves to center on the
  text cursor instead of the pointer when typing but it does not focuses
  properly. This causes the typed text to be completely out of view. I
  use the default full-screen zoom in Ubuntu under the accessibility
  settings with the following settings:

  Magnification: 4.00 - 6.00
  Magnifier position: Follow mouse cursor

  The problem primarily occurs when using Alt+Tab to witch tabs, but it
sometimes appears when switching
  normally.

  To reproduce the problem, the following steps can be followed:
  - Activate the zoom function.
  - Start up Files and rename a file.
  - The zoomed in window will move to the upper left corner.

  Other applications in which the problem sometimes occurs (mostly when using
Alt+Tab):
  Firefox, VSCode
  I also want to note that for other applications like Text Editor or Terminal,
the cursor is always followed correctly.

  lsb_release -rd:
  Release:      22.04