X11 not Wayland

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock in
Ubuntu.

  Disconnecting monitor crashes shell (wayland, gnome)

Status in gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  This bug has been persisting since I've bought an external monitor for
  my laptop and started using Wayland (first on Ubuntu 20.04) until
  today (Ubuntu 21.10).

  It isn't consistent, but it occurs about 90% of the time when I'm on
  Wayland. On Xorg, this has never occurred.

  When I unplug my USB-C monitor from my laptop, the laptop screen
  freezes for a while before presenting me with the login screen. When I
  log back in, all my open applications have been shut down.

  I assume Mutter crashes, taking the entire session with it.

  Dmesg doesn't seem to contain anything useful.

  A lot of other people seem to have this problem (see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1733127), but all
have been asked to file their own bug reports, so here I am.
  ---
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 19.10 "Eoan Ermine" - Release amd64 (20191017)
  Package: gnome-shell 40.5-1ubuntu2
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 40.5-1ubuntu3~21.10.1
  Tags: wayland-session impish third-party-packages
  Uname: Linux 5.13.0-22-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to impish on 2021-10-05 (61 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip docker libvirt lpadmin lxd plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True
  modified.conffile..etc.apport.crashdb.conf: [modified]
  mtime.conffile..etc.apport.crashdb.conf: 2021-12-01T17:24:37.722144