Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

  Mouse keys fails to work after a restart

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  Regarding the "Mouse Keys" feature in Ubuntu:

  The "Mouse Keys" feature's purpose is to simulate the mouse by using the
numpad of the keyboard.
  For example, a click on the left mouse button is simulated by clicking the
number "5" on the numpad of the keyboard.

  This is explained in the following Ubuntu Help page:
  https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/mouse-mousekeys.html.en

  You can see that this feature is enabled in my system - in the
  attached picture "MouseKeys.png".

  I noticed that if that Mouse keys option is enabled, then after a
  restart - the feature fails to work, despite that the GUI shows that
  the feature is enabled.

  In order to make the feature to work after a restart, first I need to
  disable the Mouse Keys feature (the GUI shows that the feature is
  enabled) and then I need to enable it.

  Probably this bug is related to either of the following packages:
  "gnome-control-center"
  or
  "xkb-data"

  Details about the system:

  Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

  gnome-control-center/jammy-updates,now 1:41.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.5

  xkb-data/jammy,jammy,now 2.33-1 all