Every day this week every few hours my pc would suddenly freeze. I
noticed this morning in System Monitor that an app called gvfsd-trash
was at 30GB RAM. I killed it. It restarted itself and in a few minutes
went up to 50GB.

Google said it had something to do with the recycle bin. So I tried to
empty that but my file explorer hung and it said The name:1.183 was not
provided by any .service files.

So I downloaded trash-cli from apt and tried trash clear. That still
didn't help.

So I went into ./local/share/Trash and there was some file in there with
restricted permissions. So I used sudo rm -rf and it seems to have
finally stopped.

People, whatever this app is doing, please let it handle files it
doesn't have permission to access without bringing down the whole
system! Thanks.

Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS with all updates

** Affects: gvfs (Ubuntu)

gvfsd-trash uses 50GB of memory and crashes pc
Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.