Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. It sounds like some part of the system has crashed. To
help us find the cause of the crash please follow these steps:

1. Run these commands:
    journalctl -b0 > journal.txt
    journalctl -b-1 > prevjournal.txt
and attach the resulting text files here.

2. Look in /var/crash for crash files and if found run:
    ubuntu-bug YOURFILE.crash
Then tell us the ID of the newly-created bug.

3. If step 2 failed then look at https://errors.ubuntu.com/user/ID where
ID is the content of file /var/lib/whoopsie/whoopsie-id on the machine.
Do you find any links to recent problems on that page? If so then please
send the links to us.

Please take care to avoid attaching .crash files to bugs as we are
unable to process them as file attachments. It would also be a security
risk for yourself.

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  GNOME Control Center (Settings app) crashes every now and then,
  especially when switching sections.

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  On Ubuntu 23.10 (Mantic), GNOME Control Center (the Settings app) keeps
crashing every now and then when I am using it; often happening when I switch
sections.
  One of the sections which takes the blame is the Privacy page, which
occasionally has a tendency to lock up the Settings app and crash it; at times
erroneously showing Thunderbolt settings, even though Thunderbolt does not
exist on my system.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:45.0-1ubuntu3.1
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun Feb 25 08:09:18 2024
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 23.10.1 "Mantic Minotaur" - Release amd64
(20231016.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   PATH=(custom, no user)