** Changed in: df-libreoffice

  LibreOffice has started displaying a donation nag

Status in LibreOffice:
  Fix Released
Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  I just opened up a spreadsheet (technically a CSV file, but who's
  counting), to discover LibreOffice displaying an eye-catching blue
  "Your donations support our worldwide community." banner just below
  the toolbars and about a toolbar and a half tall.

  This irritating nag is apparently supposed to display every 90 to 180
  days with no in-application means to disable it permanently, and
  there's apparently also a "Help us make LibreOffice even better!"
  banner that can appear too.

  According to this blog post...

  https://www.remembertheusers.com/2019/11/0580-libreoffice-nag-
  notices.html

  ...it is not responsive to configuration overrides within the user
  profile and the only apparent solution that doesn't require patching
  the source and rebuilding is to create a file containing the following
  markup in `$BASEDIR/share/registry`
  (`/usr/lib/libreoffice/share/registry` as installed by the Ubuntu
  package):

      <?xml version="1.0"?>
      <oor:data xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
xmlns:oor="http://openoffice.org/2001/registry";>
        <dependency file="main" />
        <oor:component-data
xmlns:install="http://openoffice.org/2004/installation"; oor:name="Setup"
oor:package="org.openoffice">
          <node oor:name="Product">
            <prop oor:name="LastTimeGetInvolvedShown" oor:op="fuse"
oor:finalized="true">
              <value>0</value>
            </prop>
            <prop oor:name="LastTimeDonateShown" oor:op="fuse"
oor:finalized="true">
              <value>0</value>
            </prop>
          </node>
        </oor:component-data>
      </oor:data>

  Regardless of how it's achieved, I think it's tasteless, irritating,
  and probably doesn't give a very good image to any office customers
  Ubuntu may have downstream for random employees to be receiving nag
  banners like that in IT-installed software.

  Please consider patching it out or otherwise ensuring it never
  triggers in distro-provided builds of LibreOffice.

  Package: libreoffice 1:6.4.7-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.11.0-37.41~20.04.2-generic 5.11.22
  Uname: Linux 5.11.0-37-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu27.21
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: skip
  CurrentDesktop: KDE