** Changed in: upower

Packages, which is subscribed to upower in Ubuntu.

  CriticalPowerAction=Suspend should be supported

Status in Upower:
  New
Status in upower package in Ubuntu:

  The action to take when the battery is critical can only be one of the
  following:

  # Possible values are:
  # PowerOff
  # Hibernate
  # HybridSleep

  Adding Suspend to that list makes perfect sense. My laptop is
  currently powering off on low power which is useless as I'll be losing
  my work anyway. Might as well suspend and allow me to notice that and
  connect a charger. If the thinking is that suspend uses power I can
  set a high enough threshold to give me some margin.

  The failovers are:

  # If HybridSleep isn't available, Hibernate will be used
  # If Hibernate isn't available, PowerOff will be used

  I'd argue Suspend should actually come before PowerOff in that list.
  For most laptop users having their computer suspend because they
  didn't notice the battery was running out is very easy to fix and
  takes no time. They'll just connect the charger. If however the
  computer needs to be completely rebooted, not only does that take a
  lot more time it will very likely cause lost work.

  Package: upower 0.99.10-1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu27.3
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity