As a quick fix, we will just make sure that universe and multiverse are
included in the default sources generated when this case is encountered.
That should be the case either way.

I am still not sure why you hit this case, but according to the log it
didn't look like you had other sources enabled somehow.

I marked software-properties invalid since this is pertaining to u-r-u.

** Tags removed: rls-nn-incoming
** Tags added: foundations-todo

** Changed in: ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Nick Rosbrook (enr0n)

** Changed in: software-properties (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: ubuntu-release-upgrader (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-properties in Ubuntu.

  Edubuntu upgrade removed universe repo mantic -> noble

Status in software-properties package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in ubuntu-release-upgrader package in Ubuntu:

  Upon upgrade from mantic to noble, my bare metal Edubuntu install
  removed the Universe repo from the installation and, therefore, did
  not upgrade any Edubuntu-specific packages. I suspect this was caused
  by the apt DEB-822 upgrade to the repo and not detecting the universe
  repo as required by the Edubuntu installation.

  As Edubuntu looks identical to Ubuntu Desktop in terms of installation
  on the surface due to it also being a GNOME desktop, I suspect an
  assumption may have been derived from this.

  Additionally, simply trying `add-apt-repository universe` was
  ineffective, so that might need some work as well.

  Will attach logs if I can find them, but please do advise what logs you need.
  ---
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CrashDB: ubuntu
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  InstallationMedia: Edubuntu 23.04 "Lunar Lobster" - Alpha amd64 Binary-1
(20230304)
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
  Package: ubuntu-release-upgrader (not installed)
  Tags: noble wayland-session dist-upgrade
  Uname: Linux 6.5.0-21-generic x86_64
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to noble on 2024-03-01 (3 days ago)
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo users
  VarLogDistupgradeXorgFixuplog:
   INFO:root:/usr/bin/do-release-upgrade running
   INFO:root:No xorg.conf, exiting
  _MarkForUpload: True