Public bug reported:

When I'm asked for the password to encrypt, and I type the password and click
Next, it briefly loads and the Enter password box appears again.
However, the password is correct, because I can restore a backup. Only the test
doesn't work.

lsb_release -rd
Release:        22.04

apt-cache policy deja-dup
deja-dup:
  Installiert:           42.9-1ubuntu3
  Installationskandidat: 42.9-1ubuntu3
  Versionstabelle:
 *** 42.9-1ubuntu3 500
        500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy-updates/main amd64
Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     42.9-1ubuntu2 500
        500 http://de.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu jammy/main amd64 Packages

Package: deja-dup 42.9-1ubuntu3
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.5.0-26.26~22.04.1-generic 6.5.13
Uname: Linux 6.5.0-26-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.5
Architecture: amd64
CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Sun Mar 31 15:07:23 2024
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64
(20230223)
ProcEnviron:
 TERM=xterm-256color
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: deja-dup

** Affects: deja-dup (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug jammy third-party-packages

Packages, which is subscribed to deja-dup in Ubuntu.

  recovery test not possible

Status in deja-dup package in Ubuntu: