Actually the attached monitors.xml.txt suggests the system doesn't have
any saved configurations for using the laptop screen only. It looks like
it only has known configurations that disable the laptop screen.

That sounds like a bug, and to fix it I can only recommend:

1. Delete ~/.config/monitors.xml

2. Reboot.

3. Unplug all external monitors.

4. Go to Settings and change some display settings.

5. Log out and in again.

6. Verify ~/.config/monitors.xml exists now.

7. Plug your external monitor in and configure it again in Settings.

** Package changed: gnome-shell (Ubuntu) => mutter (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: hotplug multimonitor

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2060384

Title:
  I'm using an external diplay. When disconnecting the HDMI cable, my
  laptop screen remains dark (when it should actually activate)+

Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  I normally don't use the laptop screen, as the external display suits me 
better.
  However, when I disconnect the HDMI cable (and the external screen is no 
longer connected), the laptop display should pop back and activate.

  This doesn't happen - the laptop display remains dark and I have no
  active display.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 22.04
  Package: gnome-shell 42.9-0ubuntu2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.5.0-26.26~22.04.1-generic 6.5.13
  Uname: Linux 6.5.0-26-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu82.5
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Sun Apr  7 14:15:24 2024
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2024-02-27 (40 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS "Jammy Jellyfish" - Release amd64 
(20240220)
  RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 42.9-0ubuntu7
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mutter/+bug/2060384/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to