Thank you for your bug report. It seems an issue in the desktop
components rather than due to the installer, reassigning

** Project changed: ubuntu-desktop-provision => gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Tags added: noble rls-nn-incoming

  No login prompt after installing in HyperV

  I installed the 24.04 beta ISO (the version from 2024-04-12) on a
  HyperV VM. Running through the installer itself seemed fine, but after
  rebooting GDM seemed to start but doesn't offer any users to login
  with. Not even an "Other" button. GDM itself has definitely started,
  as the current time is visible at the top of the screen, and the
  network and accessibility icons are visible at the top right of the
  screen. But the center of the screen is blank.

  If I manually mount the drive and examine the journal logs, I see a
  "JS Error" from gnome-shell that seems likely to be related:

  Apr 12 14:47:29 jwilcox-u24b gnome-shell[1735]: Starting Authd!!!
  Apr 12 14:47:29 jwilcox-u24b gnome-shell[1735]: JS ERROR: TypeError:
this._button is undefined

_createSessionMenuButton@resource:///org/gnome/shell/gdm/loginDialog.js:663:13

_init@resource:///org/gnome/shell/gdm/loginDialog.js:589:14

LoginDialog@resource:///org/gnome/shell/gdm/loginDialog.js:487:4

_ensureUnlockDialog@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/screenShield.js:472:28

showDialog@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/screenShield.js:404:14

_initializeUI/<@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/main.js:317:26

_prepareStartupAnimation@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/layout.js:764:18

_loadBackground/signalId</id<@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/layout.js:693:26

@resource:///org/gnome/shell/ui/init.js:21:20
  Apr 12 14:47:29 jwilcox-u24b gnome-shell[1735]: Registering session with GDM