Update, I can flip my webcam using this :

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libv4l/v4l2convert.so cheese

That command won't work if libcamera is installed.

Packages, which is subscribed to v4l-utils in Ubuntu.

  v4l-utils failed to flip upside down webcam.

Status in v4l-utils package in Ubuntu:

  About a year ago (June 2023) I can flip my upside down webcam using
  LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libv4lconvert.so.0 <webcam_app>.
  But now, It's no longer works. When I launch webcam app (e.g cheese or
  snapshot), it's always upside down, whether I use LD_PRELOAD or not.

  My machine is an Asus laptop (Asus PRO36S / U36SD) and my webcam is
  Asus Integrated Webcam from Chicony Electronics Co.

  This is the output of "lsusb | grep Webcam" :

  Bus 002 Device 004: ID 04f2:b1b9 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd Asus
  Integrated Webcam.

  - I'm using Ubuntu Noble / 24.04.
  - The version of v4l-utils package is 1.26.1-4build3.
  - I expect the library from v4l-utils will flip my upside down webcam using
LD_PRELOAD.
  - What I get is the library from v4l-utils won't flip my upside down webcam.

  Package: v4l-utils 1.26.1-4build3
  CasperMD5CheckResult: unknown