Found a solution here (https://askubuntu.com/a/1487587/920914), which I
report for self-containment:

Current workaround is by configuring ["api.alsa.soft-mixer"] = true in
/usr/share/wireplumber/main.lua.d/50-alsa-config.lua

then, systemctl --user restart wireplumber.service

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Unable to change audio volume  for the speakers

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  Hi everyone,
  from a fresh install of Ubuntu 23.04, I cannot change the audio volume for
the speakers. Formally, the audio is either at minimum (lowest part of the
volume control bar) or at maximum (every other part of the audio control bar).
I can mute the speakers.

  However, audio works perfectly for headphones. The Bluetooth pairing
  is instant, and I can change the volume.

  HW information for the audio device is the following:
  Audio:
    Device-1: Intel vendor: Lenovo driver: sof-audio-pci-intel-tgl
      bus-ID: 00:1f.3
    Sound API: ALSA v: k6.2.0-39-generic running: yes
    Sound Server-1: PulseAudio v: 16.1 running: no
    Sound Server-2: PipeWire v: 0.3.65 running: yes

  Other info:
  System:
    Kernel: 6.2.0-39-generic arch: x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: N/A Desktop: GNOME
      v: 44.3 Distro: Ubuntu 23.04 (Lunar Lobster)
  Machine:
    Type: Laptop System: LENOVO product: 82Y7 v: Yoga Pro 7 14IRH8