Is that supposed to be a blocking bug...?

That is NOT a freaking blocking bug!

Don't people know the meaning of the phrase "blocking bug"? It's a bug
in the operating system which prevents the normal operation of the same.
I'm sorry to blow my stack about this, but I fail to see how wallpapers
of the wrong species of bird prevents the normal operation of Ubuntu
24.10!

Just how exactly does a picture of a bird which is not an oriole cause a
kernel panic, or an extremely serious problem with Ubuntu? Show me how
that happens, and maybe, just maybe, I'll take you a little bit more
seriously. Otherwise, I suggest you go back and research the definition
of "blocking bug" before you go ballistic over aesthetic details!

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-wallpapers in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/2088160

Title:
  Wallpaper shows the wrong bird

Status in ubuntu-wallpapers package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  1) lsb_release -rd
  Description:  Ubuntu 24.10
  Release:      24.10

  2) apt-cache policy ubuntu-wallpapers-oracular
  ubuntu-wallpapers-oracular:
    Installed: 24.10.3
    Candidate: 24.10.3
  [...]

  3) When I choose the wallpaper
  /usr/share/backgrounds/Oriole_by_Julian_Tomasini.jpg, there should be
  an oriole shown on the desktop.

  4) Instead of an oriole, the wallpaper displays a bullfinch, a
  different species of bird.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 24.10
  Package: ubuntu-wallpapers-oracular 24.10.3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 6.11.0-9.9-generic 6.11.0
  Uname: Linux 6.11.0-9-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.30.0-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64
  CasperMD5CheckResult: pass
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Thu Nov 14 11:18:35 2024
  Dependencies:
   
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2024-06-11 (156 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 24.04 LTS "Noble Numbat" - Release amd64 (20240424)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: ubuntu-wallpapers
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oracular on 2024-10-14 (31 days ago)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-wallpapers/+bug/2088160/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to