Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to
look at all reported bugs in a timely manner. There have been many
changes in Ubuntu since that time you reported the bug and your problem
may have been fixed with some of the updates. It would help us a lot if
you could test it on a currently supported Ubuntu version. When you test
it and it is still an issue, kindly upload the updated logs by running
apport-collect 458102 and any other logs that are relevant for this
particular issue.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: giovanni magnani (geomgio1) => (unassigned)

  [karmic] Authentication failure to mount hard drive

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: nautilus

  When I try to mount my NTFS data drive (or any other unmounted drive)
  in Nautilus, or by the menu, I get an error dialog saying :
  Authentication is required. I can't enter any password, just click OK.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386