The bug it's present in the the version of gwibber that comes with
Oneiric and in the 3.3.2 from PPA Daily.

Packages, which is subscribed to gwibber in Ubuntu.

  Gwibber launcher, unread it messages indicator doesn't delete

Status in “gwibber” package in Ubuntu:

  When we have Gwibber open it's icon came up to the launcher; in that
  situation, when we have new unreaded twitts, a number came up in it's
  icon.

  The normal behaviour must be that when we focus gwibber that number
  should be 0, should be gone; but it doesn't. Actually if I have select
  the Home icon in Gwibber and focus it, the number indicator doesn't
  go, I have to click on the message icon and then the number goes. If I
  am in the message icon, have to click on the home icon and the number
  goes.

  BTW, don't understand the difference between home icon and messages
  icon, both shows user same thing.

  Sorry, don't know the right names, so I attached a png.