I just re-tested this defect with LibreOffice in Precise and it appears
to have been resolved so I will close the bug.

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  List formatting partially lost when saving as RTF

Status in The OpenOffice.org Suite:
  Confirmed
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “openoffice.org” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: openoffice.org

  When saving a document that contains bullet lists as RTF, part of the
  list formatting is lost: some items have the expected formatting,
  others don't.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open the attached list.odt file [1]
  2. Go to File -> Save As
  3. Select Rich Text Format (.rtf) in the file type drop down box
  4. Click save
  5. Close Open Office
  6. Open the saved RTF file with Open Office

  Expected behaviour
  The RTF version of the file has the same formatting as the ODT version.

  Actual behaviour
  In the RTF version of the file, some of the list items have lost their bullet
and identation (see attached screenshot [2] for a side by side comparison).

  Resources:
  [1] Original ODT file: http://launchpadlibrarian.net/38553270/list.odt
  [2] Screenshot:
http://launchpadlibrarian.net/38553280/oo-saveas-rtf-screenshot.png