And the same applies for the Ubuntu wiki articles in the original
report, so if this is an issue you're concerned about, please feel free
to update them as well with a note on the unexpected behaviour.

I'm sure users landing there will benefit from your contributions,
thanks!

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  Terminal Ctrl+u doesn't clear the line

Status in “gnome-terminal” package in Ubuntu:

  In many documentations, ctrl+u in Terminal is supposed to clear the
  whole line. But I find it just clear the content BEFORE the CURSOR,
  which has no difference with ctrl+w.

  My current Ubuntu is v11.10.

  The referenced documentations
  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UsingTheTerminal