Even worse: tagging does not work properly. I tried to tag FLAC files
and ended up with a complete mess with ARIST and ARTISTSORT information
wirtten wildly across an tracks. Is this somehow related to this bug, or
might an new one be required?

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Doesn't update library when a file is missed

Status in The Rhythmbox Music Management Application:
  New
Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:

  If I deleted music files on my hard disc, the library isn't automatically
updated (even with that option activated) and those entries are still there in
the library. If I play those entries no change is made neither.
  Before (in a previous version) the missed files were automatically deleted
from the library when Rhythmbox started.

  Package: rhythmbox 2.90.1~20110908-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: i386