Well, I try to keep the included l10n packages in sync with debian, so if there
is a new l10n package to consider I will talk to Rene Engelhard at debian if he
wants to include the package too. Thats were we came up with this rule of thumb.
Some other languages might still be there although they have worse l10n,
because that team might have been quicker in the past or it was included before
we came up with that criteria.
Note that adding l10n increases both the build size and the build time of the
source package with serious implications (longer response time to security
issues, package failing to build in a ppa because it is just too big).
There is nothing stopping you from creating a ppa and build libreoffice with
-tr in there. Actually I would encourage you to do just that!

  [needs-packaging] Request for libreoffice-help-tr Package

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Hello,

  Turkish help package of  LibreOffice is missing in the repos. [1-
  http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/libreoffice-l10n-tr]

  It will be very nice to have Turkish embed help for LibreOffice. [2-
  https://translations.documentfoundation.org/tr/]

  TDF's (.deb)help packages cannto be installed due to the dependencies

[3-http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/stable/3.5.0/deb/x86/LibO_3.5
  .0_Linux_x86_helppack-deb_tr.tar.gz]

  1-I am using 11.10 Oneric
  2-LibreOffice 3.5
  3- Having Turkish embed help in LibreOffice
  4- Unfortunately l10n package has no tr-help

  Best regards,
  Zeki