This bug is an upstream one and it would be quite helpful if somebody
experiencing it could send the bug the to the people writing the
software.  You can learn more about how to do this for various upstreams
at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Upstream/GNOME.  Thanks in advance!

  Cannot change First day of the week in calendar in 12.04

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  This is present in Ubuntu 12.04, but from what I've heard, it's way
  older.

  I know that this relates to the locale conception, but what if I want
  English language AND Monday as the first day of the week ? Right now,
  if I want English, I have to use en_US locale, but this also triggers
  Sunday to be set as First day of the week. Why can't I have both ?
  Can't you make a simple option in the Time & Date settings panel for
  the First day of the week ? It can't be that hard...

  The fix I used:
  1. Open a terminal and type in "gksudo gedit /usr/share/i18n/locales/en_US"
  2. Find the line starting with "first_weekday". The value for Monday in en_US
is 2 (Sunday is 1)
  3. Change to "first_weekday 2" (default was 1)
  4. Type in terminal "sudo locale-gen"
  5. Reboot the computer