** Changed in: gsettings-desktop-schemas (Ubuntu)

  [UIFe]Auto-lock on suspend is still needed when encrypting file system

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “gsettings-desktop-schemas” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Patch "51" in the gnome-settings-daemon source code now disables auto-
  locking of the screen, when the machine goes into suspend. This policy
  makes some sense for users who use auto-login and don't have any other
  security measures in place.

  But it is counter-productive for users who have a boot-time password
  and/or encrypted file systems. A quick web search shows that other
  users are reporting the same problem, without a good work-around
  available.

  I understand that encrypted file systems are an advanced system
  configuration, so I am not going to argue with you about the default
  policy. As a default, it is probably reasonable as is. But please
  allow a configuration option; even if that means manually changing
  dconf settings. The users that are affected by this bug are presumably
  sufficiently technical to know how to edit dconf settings.