People, stop the "me too! fix it" comments, you're spamming bug
subscribers :)

** Changed in: ubuntu-indicator-mods
     Assignee: svedbox (svedos) => (unassigned)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  keyboard layout indicator reacts incorrectly

Status in Gnome Settings Daemon:
  Invalid
Status in Ubuntu network, Bluetooth, keyboard menus:
  Confirmed
Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi there,

    there are few bug reports similar to this one but from their
  description I feel like this is a little different.

    I use three different keyboard layouts, switching between them with
  shortcut and having "Allow different layouts for individual windows"
  option enabled. In this configuration layout switch should be
  processed when shortcut is triggered or when I switch to another
  window. Moreover "to switch layout" means two things. Firstly it means
  to switch keyboard mappings themself and secondly to change what
  layout indicator shows.

    The problem itself: mappings which is used is often not the same as
  indicator shows. I experimented a little to find out what is wrong and
  now I see that the mistake is in processing switch-window event which
  always changes mappings used but doesn't refresh what indicator is
  showing...

    Sometimes it's quite annoying as nearly all bugs reported here :)
  This is my first bug report ever so correct me or reguest mroe info if
  I have fogotten something.

  Package: gnome-settings-daemon 3.2.0-0ubuntu5
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-12-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: i386