Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: totem (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  Totem causes logout when playing mp3/videos with dual monitor and
  fglrx Drivers

Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:

  When you have a dual monitor setup in Ubuntu Precise and attempt to
  launch a video on either Monitor 1 or 2, upon playing a video it
  crashes X and logs out out

  Here is a pastebin of the relevent crash on dmesg:
  http://pastebin.com/Au0EaTE3

  Here is a pastebin of my xorg.conf: http://pastebin.com/AaD1jmA2

  I do have ubuntu-restricted-extras installed, and this happens playing
  any video or audio in totem, also ive seen it happen in banshee and
  vlc, I had to turn of hardware accelerated rendering for it to play.

  Is there an xorg.conf setting I can change to fix this?  I used
  amdcccle to generate my xorg.conf.  With dual monitor disabled this
  bug doesnt happen.

  Feel free to reassign this to the appropriate area