As I mentioned above this bug is easily reproduced on "clean" daily build of
pangolin. I attempted to run suggested commands aganst it, but gotten nowhere.
So never mind my "poluted" Kubuntu, you can successfully reproduce this bug on
"standard" ubuntu 12.04 pre-release.
Thank you.
Christopher, your rellentless pursuit is greatly appreciated.

  Libreoffice creates huge RTF file if images embedded

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:

  File consists of to lines of text and two images PNG and JPG sized
respectivly 256kb and 37 kb. Resulting file is 36MB!!!
  Files used in this excersize are attached.