This bug was fixed in the package dee - 1.0.6-0ubuntu1

---------------
dee (1.0.6-0ubuntu1) precise; urgency=low

  * New upstream release.
    - Provide a way to have a ReadOnly model (LP: #675565)
    - Prefix search with DeeTreeIndex doesn't return correct results
      (LP: #933111)
    - Doing multiple changes with clear in one transaction causes critical
      (LP: #940419)
  * debian/libdee-1.0-4.symbols:
    - updated
 -- Didier Roche <didro...@ubuntu.com>   Mon, 12 Mar 2012 11:49:53 +0100

** Changed in: dee (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to dee in Ubuntu.

  Provide a way to have a ReadOnly model

Status in Dee:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity 2D:
  Triaged
Status in “dee” package in Ubuntu:

  It has been requested from various places that we have a way to make a
  Dee.Model read-only.

  My current idea is to provide this using a decorator style API, eg:

    DeeModel* dee_read_only_model_new (DeeModel *model);

  Any other ideas welcome