Are you sure it's gone? I thought I saw in the Unity panel menu bar,
when opening the right most menu, or the right-most indicator in LTR. I
think it sometimes appears positioned outside of the screen on the first
time, and on further attempts it is positioned correctly. I'll have to
check again to be sure.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-menus in Ubuntu.

  Wrong placement after "Menu triggers"

Status in gnome-menus:
  Expired
Status in Desktop panel for GNOME:
  Invalid
Status in “gnome-menus” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gnome-menus

  Dear friends,

  1. Installing or removing a package that has a menu item.
  2. Click one of the menus.
  3. It is located wrongly as shown in screen shot.

  Perhaps this is only visible in RTL. I didn't check LTR.

  Many blessings.

  This bug has a bounty on it:
  http://www.fossfactory.org/project/p195

  ProblemType: Bug