not applicable anymore, there is now visual separation / global menu

** Changed in: light-themes (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gtk+2.0 in Ubuntu.

  Can't double-click anywhere on the topbar[menubar] to maximize the
  windows

Status in “gtk+2.0” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “light-themes” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: light-themes

  As stated by Kenneth Wimer in Bug #534802, there is no need for a
  visual separation between the title bar and the menu bar, as we can
  now drag the windows from anywhere in these 2 bars (which now look
  like a single bar).

  But when you double click on the title bar, it (un-)maximizes it. If
  you double click on the menu bar... Nothing happen!

  It is very confusing for users who now expect both thoses bars to
  behave as one. In fact, many users will not see the difference between
  the 2 bars, and will not understand why sometimes it doesn't work! It
  is not consistent at all.

  I believe this is a big issue (and while users are not yet used to the
  left position of the buttons, they might use this method to maximize
  their windows even more often).