** Changed in: gnome-power
       Status: New => Expired

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/447728

Title:
  Laptop only remains DPMS off for 2 seconds

Status in Gnome Powermanager:
  Expired
Status in GNOME Screensaver:
  New
Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: gnome-power-manager

  Hi,

  I'm using fully updated karmic beta amd64 on a Dell Inspiron 1520 with
  gnome-power-manager 2.28.0 on linux kernel 2.6.31-13-generic.  I have
  it set in System>Preferences>Power Manager to always blank the laptop
  display when the lid is closed.  The respective gconf key is set to
  always use DPMS off mode to blank the screen and turn off the
  backlight.  However, the display only stays of for 2-3 seconds, then
  comes back on.

  I have observed that if I suspend or hibernate, after waking the
  display behaves normally.  If I kill gnome-power-manager, the display
  behaves normally.  [xset force dpms off] blanks the display normally.

  The display behaved normally under Ubuntu 9.04.

  Here is lshal -m  although, I am not sure this is still relevant due
  to devicekit. . .  This is the lid being closed, waiting for the
  display to incorrectly come back on, then opening the display:

  Start monitoring devicelist:
  -------------------------------------------------
  22:12:20.666: computer_logicaldev_input condition ButtonPressed = 
switch-videomode
  22:12:20.668: computer_logicaldev_input_5 property button.state.value = true
  22:12:20.669: computer_logicaldev_input_5 condition ButtonPressed = lid
  22:12:21.551: platform_i8042_i8042_KBD_port_logicaldev_input condition 
ButtonPressed = switch-videomode
  22:12:24.015: computer_power_supply_battery_BAT0 property 
battery.voltage.current = 12606 (0x313e)
  22:12:24.280: computer_logicaldev_input condition ButtonPressed = 
switch-videomode
  22:12:24.283: computer_logicaldev_input_5 property button.state.value = false
  22:12:24.289: computer_logicaldev_input_5 condition ButtonPressed = lid
  22:12:24.945: platform_i8042_i8042_KBD_port_logicaldev_input condition 
ButtonPressed = switch-videomode

  
  Here is lshal -m   with gnome-power-manager killed and X correctly handling 
the blanking:

  Start monitoring devicelist:
  -------------------------------------------------
  22:13:27.328: computer_logicaldev_input condition ButtonPressed = 
switch-videomode
  22:13:27.335: computer_logicaldev_input_5 property button.state.value = true
  22:13:27.337: computer_logicaldev_input_5 condition ButtonPressed = lid
  22:13:27.965: platform_i8042_i8042_KBD_port_logicaldev_input condition 
ButtonPressed = switch-videomode
  22:13:31.132: computer_logicaldev_input condition ButtonPressed = 
switch-videomode
  22:13:31.144: computer_logicaldev_input_5 property button.state.value = false
  22:13:31.145: computer_logicaldev_input_5 condition ButtonPressed = lid
  22:13:31.791: platform_i8042_i8042_KBD_port_logicaldev_input condition 
ButtonPressed = switch-videomode

  
  There is no difference I can see, so I would think that this further proves 
that the problem is with gnome-power-manager.

  If there is anything else I can do/test/post/try, please let me know.

  Thanks!

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Fri Oct  9 21:59:31 2009
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.10
  Package: gnome-power-manager 2.28.0-0ubuntu3
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.31-13.43-generic
  SourcePackage: gnome-power-manager
  Uname: Linux 2.6.31-13-generic x86_64

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-power/+bug/447728/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to