Apparently, the above patch was introduced as a response to bug #801763.
The right way to have fixed that bug would have been to introduce -t
option to syndaemon, rather than reducing the timeout. And I think it
should be fixed in upstream g-s-d because I can understand that bug
being sometimes annoying as well (but not as bad as this one).

I think I will file a bug upstream for that, but meantime, please
restore the default 2s timeout by removing that patch in bug #801763 and
perhaps introduce temporary patch for -t option until upstream settles
it. Thank you all for you attention, and looking forward to the fix :).

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.

  Touchpad in macbook pro gets clicked all the time randomly when typing

Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:

  The touchpad is supposed to be disabled when typing text, but isn't
  and texts get randomly selected, deleted, cursor moved, inserted
  elsewhere etc. due to spurious clicks the "proximity" of the hand
  causes on touchpad.

  I do have "disable touchpad while typing" set to true in mouse
  settings ->touchpad. (btw, I am curious why this setting even present
  given I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to switch it off, even when
  gaming - I think I will file a separate bug).

  This happens so often, like every few secs when typing, that it's
  super annoying to the point of not being able to use the laptop.

  The only way out is to disable "Enable mouse click with touchpad"
  setting. Then, it's very hard to use touchpad on macbookpro because of
  the amount of physical clicks involved in middle of the touchpad
  making select-and-drag kind of operations almost impossible. Either
  way, it's unusable, so I recomment higher severity for this bug.

  I am running 12.04, updated like yesterday, but I have seen this
  happen before in 12.04. So, I don't think this is due to last release.
  The macbook pro I have is, I think version 8,2. Please let me know if
  more info is needed from me. Thanks.