** Changed in: unity-distro-priority

** Changed in: unity
    Milestone: None => 5.10.0

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu Precise)

** Description changed:

  Doesn't happen 100% of the time, but quite easy to tackle:
  test case

  1. start a non pinned app e.g. system monitor
  2. open terminal and type 'killall bamfdaemon; /usr/lib/bamf/bamfdaemon

  What happens:
  you see two icons of system monitor in launcher
+
+ -> This case is fixed, but:
+ For example, try to run an application with no desktop file (i.e. Xclock,
valkyrie...) then kill bamfdaemon: the icons will be duplicated.

  I just using mail client - thunderbird, I close it. When I open
  thunderbird again, next icon appears in unity, while both icons
  forwarding to this one instance of thunderbird. After right click on the
  icon in unity panel, there is blank line instead app name on the newly
  created icon. I guess it'll happen with more apps.

  Another case:
  TEST CASE:
  1. open a single instance of an application
  2. killall bamfdaemon
   -> when bamfdaemon will respawn, 2 arrows will appear on the launcher,
alt-tab think there are two instances as well.
  Not that in 5.4, some icons are doubled (no more double arrows)

  expected:
   -> when bamfdaemon reconnect, only one instance is seen.

Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

  multiple instances or double icons of application detected on
  bamfdaemon respawn

Status in Unity:
  Triaged
Status in Unity Distro Priority:
  Fix Committed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “unity” source package in Precise: