Fixed in the packaging trunk branch:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mozillateam/firefox/firefox-trunk.head/revision/1175#debian/firefox.desktop.in

** Changed in: ubuntu-translations

  Add keywords in the .desktop file

Status in Ubuntu Translations:
  Fix Committed
Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:

  This is, for example, needed for a good Unity integration in French.

  In French you can't find Firefox in the Unity dash if you type "browser"
because it was translated to "navigateur" in the .desktop .
  This is the correct French translation, but some people still use the word
"browser" in their daily life. So we need a way to add it (and similar) as
keywords in the desktop file so that they can easily find Firefox in the dash.

  The .desktop file is already translated downstream on a strange
  fashion (see [1]) so I'm not sure if I can just submit a patch as
  explained here[2].

  Note: there is the same problem in Thunderbird

  [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/Wanted/FirefoxDesktop
  [2]
http://mhall119.com/2012/02/contributing-to-unity-for-non-developers-keywords/