------- Original message -------
From: Chris Darroch

I'd personally rather see the use of it dropped entirely in all cases
and the code Bojan worked on as the fallback case always used, since
it adds no significant complexity and appears in line with other solutions,
such as the one in Perl.  And if I understand Ben Laurie's note, he was
indicating that truly random entropy (as from /dev/random) is probably
overkill here anyway.  Does that make sense?

Yeah, that's probably what we'll have to do. AFAICT, Perl generates random seed once per process and we'd do it once per hash, so that's better already.

--
Bojan