Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Taco:
>> you should check the value of the "mktextfm" feature. It seems to be
>> on in gwTeX.
>
> Thanks a lot for the pointer. That was an enormous speedup :) But that
> should probably not be the ultimate solution?

There is no other way to get rid of them. It is impossible to
control the execution of those scripts (mktextfm, mktexmf, mktexfmt,
mktexpk) from C code without patching kpathsea.

I believe all of those scripts should be off on a modern installation.

> and the second one (without that setting int exmf.cnf) still remains:
> ConTeXt constantly complains about missing lmtypewriter10-regular
> (several times per ConTeXt run - which is really annoying and slowing
> it down quite a bit):
>
> kpathsea: Running mktextfm lmtypewriter10-regular
> mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1;
> nonstopmode; input lmtypewriter10-regular
> This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6)

Was the metapost font not changed to ec-lmtt10 ? I thought we had
agreed on that (the above message is from metapost, running metafont
through mktextfm).

Best wishes,
Taco