On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 7:21 PM, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mi, 16 Apr 2008, Norbert Preining wrote:
>  > - for context/luatex: ok with old and new ones
>  > - for context/xetex: new ones are necessary

True.

>  > Ok, I will think about updating the lmodern fonts, too, but renaming the
>
>  Hmm, according to Ralf updating the lmodern is a no-go because that
>  would need euenc/fontspec updates, which would need ... devilish.
>  (See bugs.debian.org/469437)
>
>  I guess we have to live with this for lenny. And for the next we will
>  have TL2008 with new xetex/luatex and can ship new context and fonts.
>
>  Or do you have another suggestion???

ConTeXt + XeTeX will be broken without the latest LM fonts. ConTeX +
LuaTeX works OK.

For XeLaTeX you indeed need to update fontspec, but if you're
reluctant to upgrade the rest of XeTeX, a fix of fontspec to support
the latest LM fonts is so minor, that it's really not worth having a
broken ConTeXt+XeTeX. fontspec might need only a few name fixes,
that's all.

Maybe Jonathan and Will have something more to say about which version
of XeTeX and fontspec might be best to consider to make its way into
Debian, but a humble request from my side - please do upgrade LM.
(MikTeX has done that already.)

Mojca