> I have a feeling that somebody on the list already has such a
> repository

  There is the ConTeXt revisions repository at the Supélec foundry
(http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/contextrev/), but I don't have the
impression that Taco maintains it any more.

> could have start storing all the experimental versions, full-blown, on
> the server, but that would be a killing consumer of space, most
> probably adding some 100MB on the server every day.

  I do have quite a lot of ConTeXt zips on my laptop, which I've been
collecting since approximately one year (probably not all, but
definitely a lot).  It is big, but not that terrible (1.7GB).  The main
ConTeXt zip is only 7MB after all.  Of course, it is around 30MB
uncompressed.

        Arthur