Dear gangsters,

I'm interested in an audit of all current mid-to-high-level mkiv commands, including experimental or undocumented ones. I'm trying to come up with, as much as possible, a set of context commands which is

mutually exclusive

jointly exhaustive.

By 'mutually exlcusive' in this context I mean that I want to identify, for redundant commands, the deprecated commands and use only the current. No point teaching old methods.

By 'jointly exhaustive' I mean that i don't want to leave anything out, at least not yet. Some of, eg, the bidi and otf control is undocumented, and I can dig those up. OTOH there are lots of other areas where there may be some commands of interest that only get brought up on the list occasionally...

by mid-level I mean commands like

\define

or other user-friendly non-plain commands that may be used to create mkiv macros etc.

Aside from core developers Hans and Taco: Luigi, Wolfgang and Mojca seem to have extensive knowledge of the internals... any ideas how we can do this in an efficient manner?

My idea is to organize this list in interesting ways for pedagogical purposes, for the current book project.

Again, ONLY MKIV is under consideration; as far as this book project is concerned, only mkiv exists ;-)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Peace
Idris
International Journal of Shi`i Studies